Food Production Operatives
Location: Lazonby, Cumbria
Salary: £11.02-£13.77 per hour
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Shifts start times are between:
4 shifts a week of 9.75 hours working:
- Variable days Mon – Sat and variable start time – 4am-8am.
- Shifts will be confirmed a week in advance on a rolling basis and where possible we will be flexible on dates/start times to meet personal requirements.
5 shifts a week of 7.75 hours working:
- Variable days Mon – Sat and variable start time – 4am/6am – 12:15/2:15pm
Monday to Friday 12pm-8:15pm
The role will include production, packing and hygiene tasks
Do you Love Cake? Do you want to work within a growing local family business? Then we have the role for you. Due to sustained and continued growth, we require more people to work in our bakeries running our manufacturing process including mixing, production, wrapping and packing to make amazing cakes for our customers.
We are an established family bakery with a taste for quality, having created delicious products for over 75 years. We produce baked goods for retail and food service. We operate two bakeries: a conventional Bakery and a dedicated Gluten, Wheat and Milk Free Bakery avoiding 12 out of the 14 notifiable allergens.
We specialise in cake and sweet pastry tart products and supply all the major UK retailers with ambient Free From Ranges and a number of the leading Coffee Shop Chains with ambient and frozen ranges.
Our people are our greatest asset. We have been baking high quality products for over 75 years. Our current team members have over 2,250 years of collective baking experience with us!
Our unique place means innovation has been key to our business growth and has always been at the heart of our business. Quality Service people are the other main driver for us.
We guide our business by three core values in which we encourage all our employees to live by:
Family: To maintain our ethos of supporting each other as one team and nurturing talent to produce baked goods that we would be proud to serve to our own families.
Innovation: To spot the latest trends in our industry before they happen and encourage open creativity and blue sky thinking within all of our team.
Quality: We pride ourselves on working with the best suppliers for our ingredients and have achieved the highest BRC accreditation grade of AA. We are RSPO Accredited, Vegan Society approved, and Coeliac society approved.
Food Production Operative – The Role:
- Work in a safe manner, reporting any issues to the appropriate person as required
- Responsible for efficiently meeting all production work requirements allocated to you by following operating procedures and works instructions
- Complete accurately and store HACCP paperwork as required and within appropriate time scales
- Ensure our products meet the required quality standards
- Work as a member of a team helping to implement and carry out all company working practices and achieve team objectives
- Identify and suggest ideas for improvement
Food Production Operative – Benefits:
- Free Transport to and from Lazonby from Penrith Locations
- Refer a Friend Scheme – 1st BONUS = £100, 2nd BONUS = £300
- 29 days’ annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured (inc. employer discounts at other top brands
- -ycle to Work Scheme
- Free Fruit/ Tea/Coffee
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted cakes
- Discounted Gym memberships (Penrith/ Appleby/ Carlisle)
- Various shift patterns available
If you are successful, we will undertake the relevant pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job, this includes verifying your right to work in the UK, and where relevant verifying your driving.
Bells of Lazonby is committed to equal opportunities for all, we are an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process; we accept all job applications in a variety of formats.
As a family business we value our people and have a range of shifts available as we know that what works for someone might not work for someone else, if you believe you have the skills and passion to work for us then please get in touch.
To submit your application for this exciting Food Production Operative opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!